Meetings will be on 8 weekly Friday evenings, beginning Friday 5th July, at 8pm.
The seminars are led by the community, beginning with a short time of worship. followed by a short teaching and testimony from community members. We continue with small group discussions, and finish with refreshments before 10pm.
The seminars are partially provided for visitors to our Discipleship Community but are also open to local Christians. If you are planning to come, we encourage you to attend all the meetings if you can.
Join us as we seek a deeper encounter with the Lord, and renewed mission through his Holy Spirit.
Who are the Seminars for?
The seminars are appropriate for those who have lived as Christians for some time but have a desire for a deeper relationship with God and to be equipped for service.
What are the aims?
- Personal relationship with Jesus
- New, deeper outpouring of the Holy Spirit
- Lasting life in the Spirit: in everyday communion with God, brothers and sisters
- Life fruitful in service to others
- Deeply oriented towards the church.
Themes over the 8 weekly meetings
1. God loves you very personally – Friday 5 July
2. Jesus will save you and set you free – Friday 12 July
3. Jesus is the Lord of your life – Friday 19 July
4. Jesus is calling you to be his disciple – Friday 26 July
5. Jesus fills you with his Holy Spirit – Friday 2 August
6. The Holy Spirit gives you gifts and graces – Friday 9 August
7. The Holy Spirit makes you a part of the Body of Christ – Friday 16 August
8. The Spirit of Jesus enables you to bring fruit – Friday 23 August
What is your part?
Desire for a deeper relationship with God and a commitment to daily prayer with Scriptures.
For those attending the course in community, we will also provide a booklet of readings for the Participants, with
- some guidance on how to spend the daily quiet time
- A word from the Scripture and a short introduction to each week
- Scripture reading with a short commentary for each day
If you are trying to come to all the seminars and would like more information about the booklet, please Contact Us for more details.