Our community’s priority is offer you a safe and blessed stay. We describe here the measures we have put in place for your protection when using our accommodation and facilities.
We have provided the guidance below for you for your stay and we are on hand if you have any additional questions.
Booking to stay with us
Requests to stay after 12/4/21
Other requests to stay – exceptions listed in government Guidance
We will not be able to accept bookings to stay with us during lockdown periods, unless your situation is one of the exceptions listed in government guidance. Some are listed below (however please always check the latest advice).
[Accommodation providers] must only provide accommodation for a person who…
- needs it while moving house
- needs it to attend a funeral, linked commemorative event or following a bereavement of a close family member or friend
- is isolating themselves from others as required by law
- needs it for work purposes, or to provide voluntary or charitable service
- is homeless
- needs it to attend education or training
- needs it to visit a person who is dying
- needs it to care for a vulnerable person or seek respite from doing so
- needs it to attend a medical appointment or treatment
They can also open:
- to enable voting, including in an overseas election
- to operate blood donation sessions and food banks
- as a women’s refuge or a vulnerable person’s refuge
- for any purpose requested by the Secretary of State, or a local authority
If you feel any of these exceptions apply to you, please Contact Us to discuss whether we can accept your booking (subject to the current restrictions).
During your stay
We ask that for indoor space, guests please use only the building which you have booked – whether the Retreat House or the Cottage (or The Tithe Barn for day groups). Unfortunately the Dining Room and The Chapel are no longer available.
All our beautiful outdoor spaces are of course still available for you to enjoy.
When staying with us, we respectfully ask that guests please keep to current social distancing regulations (a minimum of 1 metre but preferably 2 metres) for the safety of everyone you may meet during your stay.
Please bring with you all necessary food items for self-catering, in line with government guidance.
We will provide cleaning products but please bring hand sanitiser to allow you to take the necessary hand-washing and cleaning precautions during your stay. Please follow NHS guidelines regarding hand washing, particularly when entering and leaving the accommodation.
We would kindly request that on the morning you leave, please help us by stripping and bagging any used bedding, towels and other laundry items in the laundry/black bags provided in your room, with as little shaking of the items as possible.
What to do if developing COVID-19 symptoms before the start of the holiday, whilst on holiday or subsequently:
- If you develop or a member of your party develops symptoms prior to your stay, please follow the latest NHS guidance in this respect and not travel under any circumstances. Please contact us to let us know.
- If you develop or a member of your party develops symptoms during your stay please tell us immediately.
- Similarly, if you develop or a member of your party develops symptoms within 14 days of your stay and a test confirms infection please let us know immediately to allow the necessary measures to be taken.
To follow government guidelines with regard to test and trace, we will need to know the names and contact details of all people who visit us, including groups, which we will keep on a guest register.
(Note regarding our use of this data: This information will be retained only for contact tracing and will be destroyed after the government’s specified time period for retaining this information, unless you have separately allowed us to retain your personal details for another specified reason.)
To help us keep all our guests and the community safe, we ask that guests coming are aware of and keep to government guidelines. Up to date information and advice regarding COVID-19 can be found on the GOV.UK and NHS websites. In particular please read and familiarise yourself with the following: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19 and www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance or www.gov.uk/coronavirus